e-Free product banner

Bank FREE, easy and convenient

If you prefer using RepublicOnline, Republic Mobile App or our Blue Machines (ATMs) rather than visiting our branches, then e-Free is the account for you!

e-Free is the account that rewards you for using electronic banking services as your preferred banking channel!

Minimum opening balance of $100
FREE OneCard – Our OneCard gives you 24hr access to ABMs and Point of Sale debit transactions
FREE pocket wallet to protect your OneCard from damage
E-Statements populated monthly
FREE access to your account via RepublicOnline and RepublicMobile App. From the comfort of your home, you can:
  • Access your account.
  • Transfer funds to self-linked Republic Bank accounts, other Republic Bank accounts and other banks’ accounts.
  • Keep track of all your account balances and transactions.
  • Pay your credit card bills and much more!
FREE ABM transactions
  • Easy and immediate access to funds
  • Daily limit of $5,000
FREE Point of Sale transactions
  • Have the flexibility of utilising your OneCard at LINX merchants. No need to carry cash!
  • Daily limit of $10,000
Three (3) free in-branch debits per month
Auto Transfers are available to and from this account
Interest Rates Service Fees
Current Rate: 0.25% paid on the last working day of month on balances of $500.00 or more.

There is no monthly service charge for your e-Free account.

e-Free activity Fee – Three (3) free in-branch debits per month. If this is exceeded, a flat monthly fee of $18 will apply.

There are no charges for use of our Republic Bank Blue Machines (ABMs).

Cost of ABM transactions at other banks:

  • Approved cash withdrawal - $4.00
  • Declined cash withdrawal - $1.15
  • Approved Balance Enquiry - $0.75
  • Declined Balance Enquiry - $0.75
What you will need

Before visiting our branches, ensure you have the following documents:

Identification Requirements if you are:
  • New and Existing Republic Bank Customer
  • Non-Resident or Foreign Based National
One (1) form of Identification which clearly states your nationality (e.g. National Identification Card or Passport).

Kindly note the following:
  • Where a Drivers License has been presented which does not explicitly state your nationality, you would be required to provide another form of Identification such as your National ID, Passport or any other document that validates your nationality, for instance your Birth Certificate.
  • If you have dual nationality, you are to provide one (1) form of Identification stating the nationality relating to each country of which you are a national.
For New and Existing Republic Bank Customers

Recent Utility Bill and Authorization Letter, if the utility bill is not in your name
Job Letter
Pay slip
Reference Letter (In some cases)
Required Deposit for opening
To ensure that you have all the documents needed to open the account, kindly contact any one of our conveniently located branches before your appointment date. Our friendly branch staff will be happy to assist you.

For Non-Residents or Foreign Based Nationals

Utility Bill in the customer’s name valid for three (3) months (Telephone, Electricity, Water, Cable/Internet)
N.B. Where the utility bill is not in the customer’s name, the customer can submit the lease agreement, where available, or a letter from the landlord addressed to the Bank.
Proof of income:

  1. Salaried individuals - Job Letter and a recent payslip dated within the last three (3) months
  2. Self-Employed individuals will be required to submit further financials;
    • Up-to-date Audited Financial Statements (for the last three (3) years) OR
    • Management Accounts (for the last three(3) years) OR
    • Statement of Affairs and Statement of Income & Expenditure (these are available at the Sales Department upon request)
    • For a start-up entity*: An opening Balance Sheet & Cash Flow projections
Reference letter from the customer’s bankers abroad (not required where a non-national has proof of legal status and has been residing in Trinidad and Tobago for over five (5) years)
Where applicable, Work Permit/ CSME Certificate/ Other official document granting permission for employment/ Letter of enrollment/acceptance from Institution in Trinidad & Tobago (for Students only)

*Start-up entity refers to entities which have been in operation for less than three (3) years.
Go to top